Tuesday 19 November 2013

Welling up

Howdy

Well I don't know where to start today.

I am feeling a surge of story welling up inside me. I have a gutsy/nervy sense of where it's heading and what I need to do to get it there...but what that means in actual words on the page - NO IDEA!
I am absolutely loving just letting it pour itself out.

And it has poured into 30,455 words.
YEY! CRACKED THE BIG 3-0

I'm getting frustrated with having to go to work and be a normal everyday citizen. (Darn it.)

Given the choice I'd much rather just be a 'crazy-writing-bitch-psycho' ... so wrapped up in the story that the lines between reality and the page blur...and the only way out is to go further in.

Do I sound a tad obsessive or on the verge of such a state. Damn right! Just like the internal weirdness that a couple of my characters have developed; completely of their own accord.

Anyway today the story took another totally unexpected turn. Words and life purposes turned up, that I hadn't even anticipated.

Only 12 days to go and hopefully I will have hit my 50,000 word goal. I may not have reached the end of the novel...or... I may have. It really is that loose on this novel expedition.

For you  a little bit of weirdness -
A MINI WEIRD EXCERPT

She clutched her small back pack to her belly like it contained all the gold in the world. Indeed she believed it carried the golden thread to her future. She could feel it tugging her forward; teasing hope into her next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment