Tuesday 12 November 2013

A twinge of fear

Howdy

Well I'm still doing it.  21, 492 words doing it!

I have felt a twinge of fear kick in the last couple of days.

The 'eeeeekkkk what on earth am I going to write about' fear?

Anyway it seems Week Two is notorious in NANO world for the fear to try and take a few shark bites out of the writers tank. A small pep talk from the awesome NaNoWriMo HQ Squad brought that to my attention and offered some kindly words to caress me to continue.

I'm trying some new ways to try and get into the writer space. 

It's a bit of a tough transition after a day of work and other domestic 'must-do's'....like food! Before dinner tonight I did a couple of pages just 'stream of consciousness'. And made a few  notes in my note book about possible mini-plots necessary to tie the PLOT up.

And now it's officially branded as today's very pleasant surprise.

It's actually quite fun coming up with some ideas so characters can arrive at a certain headspace and time and place for other interactions to happen.

It's not really something I've had to deal with before - not coming from a story telling or novel writing background; so a nice little insight now that may be useful to me in the future. Maybe my next NaNo; ha ha.

In the meantime if you're interested here's today's .....

MINI EXCERPT

...walking up the wooden steps across the road. The pink cotton sarong with big white hibiscus flowers loosely knotted at her waist fluttered with every step barely covering her thighs. Her hair rinsed back from her face lay flat wet and glistening  in the last linger of twilight. She was singing.

Love
D
.

No comments:

Post a Comment