Saturday 16 November 2013

Jumped ahead


Hi.
Bugle call.
Drum roll.
Word count  28,666

I am not kidding! I am thrilled. Creeping toward the big three zero.

So in reflection. Its been a tricky couple of days. Some linking plots were short on words and sharp in content. But rather than mope around in despair I accepted that was that and jumped ahead.

I propelled into a future event that I know is going to happen. 

I know because I've been mulling it over for a while now. So I started playing with the back end of the novel.

So just as I thought I'd got into the swing of accelerating in a timeline driven linear progression the brakes came on.

I had to re-check the time-space map and go where the energy is/was. 

Or more precisely where the story was beckoning.  And then a U-turn back to the middle, where the abrupt short chapters now seem more fitting and a great platform to continue driving....

I'm intrigued how the story takes over. I ask "Ok. What are we going to do today?' And there's an almost instant response. Sometimes I baulk and think 'how can I write about that?' But I ve learned to trust whatever gets tapped out is whats meant to come; I can go back and fix up troubled spots later. For now its simply get the story out.

Todays treat....

A SUPER MINI SENTENCE EXCERPT

...together they, dissolved the tension of the seas skin and baptized their unease into a silent watery promise of a new tomorrow. 

Cheers 
D

No comments:

Post a Comment