Monday 27 May 2013

I did it!

I did it!
I turned my head away from the dishes
I walked away from the TV
I left the washing unfolded in the basket
I stayed away from my new novel
I didn't check my emails, or Facebook
I didn't tidy up my desk, or roll up my yoga mat
I didn't wipe the bathroom sink or quickly clean the toilet bowl
I didn't straighten up the towels or check the laundry basket
I didn't feed the dog, sweep the kitchen floor, or check the letterbox
I didn't empty the rubbish bin or move the recyclables
I didn't wipe the bench, the stove top or the fridge door
Amidst all of this
I sat, I smiled
And I wrote.
Another short story.
I did it!


Tee hee...
Love Dawn :-)





1 comment:

  1. Yay for Dawn!! I'm so excited for you - you are making space for this incredible gift you totally have gorgeous. I love your words, looove your words that dance and sing and roll around, and tickle the senses like playful whispers :))
    Keep going!
    Love Annabella xx

    ReplyDelete